- Advances in biomedical instrumentation enable a portable mini-lab.
- Live in a city? Take some time to get away to a more natural environment.
- Trade some study time for exercise.
- There is lots and lots of medical waste, thanks to the popularization of disposable supplies. Many hospitals are now seeking to reduce that quantity.
- Scientists are good at science, but medical doctors need to be better at more than just science.
- Hospice care and discussions about end-of-life plans are not "death panels." If you haven't discussed this issue with your family at all, don't wait until it is too late. (This is a long, in-depth article, but is a good read nonetheless.)
Friday, October 8, 2010
Articles on Medicine (Oct 2010)
Well it's been awhile since I posted anything here, but I'll try to get back into writing some stuff. For now, I'll catch up sharing some interesting articles I read over the summer.